Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

There is another Angel in Heaven

As I sit here and type this entry, my heart feels like it is sinking. My grandmother passed away today after a five and half year battle with ovarian cancer. She passed away with both her children at her side. Thinking about her not being here takes my breath away. I call her each and every Sunday to chat...but this Sunday she won't be there...

She fought so long and so hard; it was time for her to rest. It was time for her to go to heaven. I feel comforted knowing that she is another angel in heaven to watch over me. A friend of mine told me about this bible verse a long time ago, and I can't think of a better time than this that this verse is true. " I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith." 2 Timothy 4:7


Grandma, you fought so long and so hard, may you find rest, comfort and peace with all the angels in heaven. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss Meredith. I know you were close with her and it was difficult for you to see her fight the battle for so long! Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this time. Travel safe my friend, I love you!

    ReplyDelete